Carnival Inspiration cruise ship accidents, incidents and law news reports relate to a passenger vessel with IMO number 9087489, owned by Carnival Cruise Lines. Among the unfortunate events at sea are crew and passenger incidents (deaths, injuries, crimes), machinery malfunctions.
Here you can also track MS Carnival Inspiration position at sea.using the AIS live ships tracker of VesselFinder. The 70,370-ton 3450-passenger Carnival cruise ship Inspiration was built in 1996 by the Kvaerner-Masa shipbuilding company in Finland.
Carnival Inspiration accidents & incidents
At the Carnival Inspiration CruiseMinus page you will find a complete list of this Carnival ship’s major accidents and cruise incidents. Reports are made by our own staff using official data from major online news media sources, Wikipedia and USCG (Coast Guard) reports.
Here we also post updates on Carnival Inspiration cruise law news. They are related to recent crimes being investigated. Among those could be arrests, filed lawsuits, charges and fines, grievances, settled /withdrawn legal actions, lost cases, etc.
You can add more details or submit your own Carnival Inspiration ship incidents (negative cruise experience reports) via the Cruise Minus “contact us” form.
This is link to the ship’s official site Carnival.com.
- June 30, 2002, propulsion problems resulted in reduced cruising speed, altered itinerary and ~3 hours late arrival in homeport New Orleans Louisiana.
- January 4, 2008, propulsion system problems caused sailing at reduced cruising speed. The incident resulted in itinerary changes (Grand Cayman was skipped) and late arrival in homeport Tampa Florida. In Tampa Bay, the vessel was drifting for over 2 hours.
- December 6, 2008, at 8:30 pm the ship experienced a total power loss for ~30 sec. Passengers were left stuck in the Atrium’s panoramic elevators. At the ship’s casino, all slot machines lost their balances after being reset. Shops were closed and blocked against theft. After ~1 hour, the Captain announced via the PA system that the problem was found and fixed.
Crew & Passenger Death accidents
- May 20, 2006, a 82-year-old male passenger traveling alone jumped overboard and was presumed dead. Based on the note he left behind, the elderly man committed suicide.
- February 27, 2010, a male passenger died during transportation from the ship to a hospital ashore. The man had a history of preexisting medical conditions, among which COAD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Progressive Respiratory Distress, also Diabetes and Furosemide, and experiencing symptoms of congestive heart failure (shortness of breath, fatigue, weakness).
- December 3, 2011, a male passenger jumped overboard and died committing suicide. The man left a suicide note behind, mentioning that his wife had died recently.
- March 15, 2012, a female passenger died on the ship. Death was result of pancreatic cancer (preexisting medical condition).
Crew & Passenger incidents (injuries, crimes)
- June 15, 2006, a 46-year-old male passenger was saved by a pilot boat at ~6:50 am. The man clinged to a buoy near St Petersburg Florida (~1 ml / 1,6 km southeast of Mullet Key). He fell overboard at 4 am after climbing up on his balcony’s railing and slipping.
- April 10, 2010, a male passenger sustained injury (broken hip) after falling on stairs in the ship’s Main Dining Room restaurant.
- September 30, 2010, a male passenger sustained injury (fractured left arm) after falling on the dance floor at the ship’s disco nightclub.
- October 17, 2010, a female passenger sustained injury (fractured left shoulder.) after falling on Lido deck in the swimming pool area (midship). The woman tripped on a lounger leg.
- December 4, 2010, a male passenger sustained injury (fractured right elbow) when he tripped in a deck chair while walking on Deck 11 (aft area). Three days later he was disembarked in Cozumel, Mexico (port of call along the Western Caribbean itinerary).
- December 18, 2010, a female passenger sustained injury (fractured right femur) while walking on Promenade deck (in the area near the Violin’s Bar /starboard). The elderly woman tripped and fell to the marble floor. She was disembarked in Grand Cayman (port of call along the itinerary).
- December 19, 2010, a male passenger sustained injury (fractured left upper arm) while using the Aqua Park’s waterslide on Deck 11. The man stood up when he reached the slide’s end, accidentally slipped and fell. He was disembarked in Grand Cayman.
- January 7, 2011, a male passenger sustained injury (fractured left shoulder and 3 metatarsals in the left foot). While descending stairs, the man lost footing and fell ~10 ft (3 m) onto the below deck.
- January 21, 2011, a male passenger sustained injury (fractured left ankle) after accidently falling down from the bunk bed in his cabin.
- February 22, 2011, a male passenger sustained injury (fractured left forearm) after accidently falling down from the bunk bed in his cabin.
- October 16, 2011, a female passenger sustained injury (fractured right wrist). The woman slipped and fell while dancing at the ship’s disco nightclub.
- August 14, 2012, a 42-year-old female passenger sustained injury (fractured right foot) after slipping on stairs in the area of the Aqua Park. She was disembarked for further treatment.
- December 17, 2012, a female passenger sustained injury (fractured right shoulder). While walking on Promenade Deck, she lost balance and fell forward.
- December 25, 2016, a 50-year-old male passenger was medevaced while the ship was ~27 ml (45 km) southwest off the coast of San Diego (California). The man (of US origin) was suffering from heart attack symptoms. The USCG Station San Diego sent a rescue boat crew who evacuated the man, together with his wife and a nurse from the ship. They were transported to the Hillcrest’s UC San Diego Medical Center.
On the above map you can track the Carnival Inspiration cruise ship’s position now. It shows the vessel’s current location at sea (or in port) by live tracking of its IMO number 9087489. If you lose the ship on the map, please reload this page.