Carnival Vista cruise ship accidents, incidents and law news reports relate to a passenger vessel with IMO number 9692569, owned by Carnival Cruise Lines. Among the unfortunate events at sea are collision, crew and passenger incidents (deaths, injuries, crimes), machinery malfunctions.
Here you can also track MS Carnival Vista position at sea.using the AIS live ships tracker of VesselFinder. The 133,500-ton 3950-passenger Carnival cruise ship Vista was built in 2016 by the Fincantieri shipbuilding company in Italy.
Carnival Vista accidents & incidents
At the Carnival Vista CruiseMinus page you will find a complete list of this Carnival ship’s major accidents and cruise incidents. Reports are made by our own staff using official data from major online news media sources, Wikipedia and USCG (Coast Guard) reports.
Here we also post updates on Carnival Vista cruise law news. They are related to recent crimes being investigated. Among those could be arrests, filed lawsuits, charges and fines, grievances, settled /withdrawn legal actions, lost cases, etc.
You can add more details or submit your own Carnival Vista ship incidents (negative cruise experience reports) via the Cruise Minus “contact us” form.
This is link to the ship’s official site Carnival.com.
The “Messina incident”
- August 28, 2016, while operating maneuvers for leaving the port of Messina (Sicily Island, Italy), the vessel turned over some of the port’s boating piers (at Marina del Nettuno) and flooded several moored there boats. The port has a harbor bay (formed by a C-shaped land area) for docking large-sized ships. At the harbor’s entrance (bay’s northwestern part) there is a quay (called Marina del Nettuno) with several concrete piers where smaller boats and yachts are moored. While the Carnival cruise ship was maneuvering to exit the port, it came too close to the quay. The thrust it produced and the unusual proximity resulted in strong waves reverberating close to the marina dock. This caused some of the piers to turn over and swamped all moored boats, some of which sunk at their moorings. Of the affected piers, two suffered structural damages (one destroyed beyond repair). The ship didn’t stop, but was slightly delayed its departure.
- The Harbour Master (Messina port authority) opened an investigation of the accident. According to Italian news media sources, the damages caused by the cruise ship were over EURO 250,000 – two piers, broken mooring lines, boats in poor condition.
- The incident occurred on a good-weather day. and during a 9-day Barcelona round-trip Mediterranean cruise (itinerary Aug 26 – Sept 3) with call ports Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia (Rome), Livorno, Marseille, and Palma de Mallorca.
- In a similar incident (passing too close to the shore), the Carnival Sunshine ship trapped a water taxi in Venice (Italy) in July 2013.
- November 14, 2016, while operating in the Southern Caribbean, the ship experienced technical problems affecting its propulsion system. The incident resulted in lower cruising speed. The incident affected the next scheduled 11-night repositioning cruise from NYC to Miami (itinerary Nov 16-27) – Grand Turk was replaced with Nassau.
Crew & Passenger incidents (injuries, crimes)
- October 22, 2016, a male passenger was medevaced (airlifted) from the ship in the Mediterranean (en-route from Barcelona to Gibraltar).
On the above map you can track the Carnival Vista cruise ship’s position now. It shows the vessel’s current location at sea (or in port) by live tracking of its IMO number 9692569. If you lose the ship on the map, please reload this page.