Celebrity Reflection cruise ship accidents, incidents and law news reports relate to a passenger vessel with IMO number 9506459, owned by the Celebrity Cruises line (a Royal Caribbean brand). Among the unfortunate events at sea are Norovirus illness outbreaks, crew and passenger incidents (deaths, injuries, crimes), machinery malfunctions.
Here you can also track MS Celebrity Reflection position at sea.using the AIS live ships tracker of VesselFinder. The 125,400-ton 3050-passenger Celebrity cruise ship Reflection was built in 2012 by the Meyer Werft shipbuilding company in Germany.
Celebrity Reflection accidents & incidents
At the Celebrity Reflection CruiseMinus page you will find a complete list of this Celebrity cruise ship’s major accidents and cruise incidents. Reports are made by our own staff using official data from major online news media sources, Wikipedia and USCG (Coast Guard) reports.
Here we also post updates on Celebrity Reflection cruise law news. They are related to recent crimes being investigated. Among those could be arrests, filed lawsuits, charges and fines, grievances, settled /withdrawn legal actions, lost cases, etc.
You can add more details or submit your own Celebrity Reflection ship incidents (negative cruise experience reports) via the Cruise Minus “contact us” form.
This is link to the ship’s official site CelebrityCruises.com.
- November 19, 2012, the newly launched vessel experienced a technical problem on the Transatlantic repositioning cruise from Europe to Florida. The voyage started in Barcelona Spain. After leaving call port Malaga Spain, the scheduled stay in Canary Islands (call port Tenerife) was dropped and the ship proceeded directly with the Atlantic Ocean crossing to the Caribbean.
- July 7, 2014, on a 10-days Eastern Mediterranean cruise from Rome, mechanical problems (unspecified issue) forced the vessel to spend an overnight in homeport Civitavecchia (port to Rome, Italy). The embarkation was delayed until July 5, and the ship left port at 3 pm. The incident caused an itinerary change – call port Messina (Sicily) was dropped. As compensation, all passengers received US$200 per cabin in onboard credit, plus US$50 credit for 3rd and 4th passengers.
- (itinerary changes) For the whole 2016, Celebrity Cruises cancelled the Reflection ship’s visits (with an overnight stay) to call port Istanbul Turkey. The changes were due to the Salipazari Port (Galataport) construction project. The development of the Istanbul’s cruise port Galataport will be completed sometime in the 2018’s last quarter. This means that the Celebrity Cruises Reflection itinerary program 2017-2018 for the Eastern Mediterranean could be also affected.
Crew & Passenger incidents (injuries, crimes)
- July 28, 2013, a female passenger (of British origin) was robbed ashore. The ship was docked in Naples Italy. The robbers – two brothers of Italian origin, aged 24 and 36 – were on a scooter and were soon apprehended by the police. They have targeted the woman for wearing an expensive Rolex watch (worth in Euro ~12000). The watch was returned to the robbed woman. During the incident she was injured and later treated at the ship’s infirmary.
- July 23, 2015 (law news), a 20-year-old male passenger (of Scottish origin) was charged with sexual assaulting a female passenger on the ship in July 2014. He and the young woman (a student from England) met at a bar on the ship. He spiked her beverage, then assaulted her and tried to rape her.
- April 20, 2017, a 47-year-old male passenger in “medical distress” was medevaced (airlifted) by USCG helicopter (MH-65 Dolphin) and transported to San Juan City Hospital (Puerto Rico). The incident occurred while the ship was approx 55 km (35 ml) north of San Juan Puerto Rico and en-route from St Kitts Island to homeport Miami.
Norovirus cruise illness outbreaks
- November 2017, CDC reported on itinerary Nov 17-27), a Norovirus outbreak (gastrointestinal illness) infected 173 passengers (out of 3034, or 5,7%) and 3 crew (out of 1240, or 0,2%). All sick suffered from Noro virus symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea) and were quarantined to their cabins. The ship was on a 10-days Southern Caribbean cruise round-trip from homeport Fort Lauderdale (Florida), visiting St Kitts, Barbados, St Lucia, Martinique and Antigua.
- Note: When the itinerary doesn’t include US cruise ports, the ship is not required to report to CDC, thus no official illness report would be issued.
On the above map you can track the Celebrity Reflection cruise ship’s position now. It shows the vessel’s current location at sea (or in port) by live tracking of its IMO number 9506459. If you lose the ship on the map, please reload this page.