Crystal Serenity cruise ship accidents, incidents and law news reports relate to a passenger vessel with IMO number 9243667, owned by Genting Hong Kong (GHK) and operated by its subsidiary – the Crystal Cruises line. Among the unfortunate events at sea are pollution, crew and passenger incidents (deaths, injuries, crimes), machinery malfunctions.
Here you can also track MS Crystal Serenity position at sea.using the AIS live ships tracker of VesselFinder. The 68,900-ton 1100-passenger Crystal cruise ship Serenity was built in 2000 by the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipbuilding company in France.
Crystal Serenity accidents & incidents
At the Crystal Serenity CruiseMinus page you will find a complete list of this Crystal ship’s major accidents and cruise incidents. Reports are made by our own staff using official data from major online news media sources, Wikipedia and Coast Guard reports.
Here we also post updates on Crystal Serenity cruise law news. They are related to recent crimes being investigated. Among those could be arrests, filed lawsuits, charges and fines, grievances, settled /withdrawn legal actions, lost cases, etc.
You can add more details or submit your own Crystal Serenity ship incidents (negative cruise experience reports) via the Cruise Minus “contact us” form.
This is link to the ship’s official site CrystalCruises.com.
- July 9, 2002, the vessel’s keel was laid at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in St Nazaire.
- July 3, 2003, the cruise ship was christened in Southampton, England, by the UK actress Julie Andrews.
- July 7, 2003, the ship’s Inaugural cruise was a 14-days round-trip itinerary from Southampton UK to Northern European ports of call.
- January 14, 2004, the ship started its first “Around The World” cruise, leaving from USA (Los Angeles CA) on a 106-days itinerary ending in NYC New York (May 5).
- June 17, 2009, the cruise ship was fined ~Euro 8500 for sea pollution in Croatia. The fine was because of illegal dumping of ashes into the waters near Lokrum Island, right after leaving call port Dubrovnik. It was imposed by the port’s harbour master.
- April 25, 2014, the ship sustained interior damages after being hit by a rogue wave. The incident occurred at ~1:30 am. As result, 3 of the windows in the Dining Room broke and sea water flooded the ship’s main restaurant. No injuries were reported. The repairs were done on the way, so the restaurant was operational for dinner. Since it was closed for breakfast and lunch, passengers dined at the ship’s alternative eateries.
- August 16, 2016, the ship has scheduled a 32-days Alaska to New York cruise itinerary leaving from Seward AK and ending in NYC via the Northwest Passage. The unique route is via Northwest Passage, instead of the traditional Panama Canal transition.
Crew & Passenger Death accidents
- July 18, 2015, a 33-year-old male crew was found dead (in his cabin) in an alleged suicide. The man (of UK origin) was found hanged in his cabin. He worked on the ship as a chef for 6 years. The incident occurred at ~2 pm, while the ship was sailing in French waters (Atlantic Ocean), en-route from Bordeaux to Brest.
Crew & Passenger incidents (injuries, crimes)
- August 3, 2014, both ports of call in Israel were dropped from the ship’s “Holy Land” itinerary (scheduled for September 20) due to violent unrest. The ports Limassol (Cyprus) and Ashdod and Haifa (both in Israel) were replaced by Santorini (Greece), Gozo and Valletta (both in Malta) and Palermo (Sicily).
On the above map you can track the Crystal Serenity cruise ship’s position now. It shows the vessel’s current location at sea (or in port) by live tracking of its IMO number 9243667. If you lose the ship on the map, please reload this page.