MS Eurodam cruise ship accidents, incidents and law news reports relate to a passenger vessel with IMO number 9378448, owned by Holland America Line (a Carnival Corporation brand). Among the unfortunate events at sea are crew and passenger incidents (deaths, injuries, crimes), machinery malfunctions.
Here you can also track MS Eurodam position at sea.using the AIS live ships tracker of VesselFinder. The 86,300-ton 2100-passenger Holland America cruise ship Eurodam was built in 2008 by the Fincantieri shipbuilding company in Italy.
MS Eurodam accidents & incidents
At the MS Eurodam CruiseMinus page you will find a complete list of this Holland America ship’s major accidents and cruise incidents. Reports are made by our own staff using official data from major online news media sources, Wikipedia and USCG (Coast Guard) reports.
Here we also post updates on Holland America Eurodam cruise law news. They are related to recent crimes being investigated. Among those could be arrests, filed lawsuits, charges and fines, grievances, settled /withdrawn legal actions, lost cases, etc.
You can add more details or submit your own Eurodam ship incidents (negative cruise experience reports) via the Cruise Minus “contact us” form.
This is link to the ship’s official site HollandAmerica.com.
- November 11, 2008, the ship reported an engine room fire. The incident occurred at ~4 am with the fire alarm and the Captain’s announcement via the PA system: The vessel’s Fire Suppression System activated and extinguished the fire.
Crew & Passenger Death accidents
- November 29, 2012, a 42-year-old male passenger was presumed fell overboard. The man (jason Rappe, of American origin) was reported missing by his wife. The ship was nothwest of Puerto Rico and en-route to Bahamas from USVI (St Thomas) operating on a 7-days roundtrip cruise itinerary from homeport Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) Florida. At ~5 pm, the ship notified the USCG and turned around to join the conducted search operation. The USCG assets deployed to the area consisted of 2 ships and 1 helicopter. The body was never found.
Crew & Passenger incidents (injuries, crimes)
- May 28, 2016, a 51-year-old male crew (employed on the ship as a bartender) was charged of sexual assaulting a minor. While Eurodam was docked in Livorno (port to the Italian cities Florence and Pisa), the man came across a group of school kids and allegedly molested sexually a 7-year old girl. An eyewitness of the incident alerted the accompanying teachers while the crew member attempted to get away. The eyewitness also reported the incident to the local police authorities who arrested him.
Norovirus cruise illness outbreaks
- On January 14, 2017, Eurodam set the cruise industry’s record for “11th consecutive perfect health score” (CDC score 100). The ship achieved it during its last unannounced CDC inspection at homeport Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA). These inspections are twice a year for every cruise vessel. The score is based on checklist involving various onboard areas and facilities. The assessment encompasses hygiene, sanitation, food (storage to preparation), galley cleanliness, water, personnel / crew, and the vessel as a whole.
- “CDC” is an abbrev for “Centers for Disease Control and Prevention”. This is an US public health institute and a federal agency under the country’s Department of Health and Human Services. Its headquarters are near Atlanta, Georgia.
- Note: When the itinerary doesn’t include US cruise ports, the ship is not required to report to CDC, thus no official illness outbreak report would be issued.
On the above map you can track MS Eurodam cruise ship’s position now. It shows the vessel’s current location at sea (or in port) by live tracking of its IMO number 9378448. If you lose the ship on the map, please reload this page.